"He's still working on me, to make me what I ought to be. It took him just a week to make the moon, the stars, the Sun, the Earth, and Jupiter and Mars... How loving and faithful he must be... he's still working on me." My cousin sang this song on a tape years ago and I loved it. I feel this must be what is happening with little Chloe. She just needs a little more time.
We went in for induction Thursday, November 19 at 1930. We actually weren't in a room until 2130. An IV with a bolus was started by nurse Susan, admission history done, and assessment done by nurse Aspen. Anesthesia came in to tell me about epidurals and blocks, etc. He stated I could have it whenever. The ob was in surgery and then to a delivery so it to a while for us to see Dr. Lotshaw, who was the doctor that night. He came in at midnight, checked me (fingertip and 30% effaced). We weren't starting with much and Dr. Lotshaw said this could take days. He placed a vaginal suppository of cytotec at this time. I had to lay flat for two hours after the cytotec was placed so it did not come out. Nothing really happened for hours. The nurse came in about hourly to check on me. I slept a little during this time. Around 0400 the nurse said Chloe was having late decels occassionally after contractions, but was reactive after them. She stated Dr. Lotshaw wanted to let me be as contractions were 2-4 minutes apart and they would wait til the morning to do a recheck. At 0730, a midwife named Deborah came in and checked and no improvement at this time. She decided to start pitocin at 1 ml/hr to see if we could slowly get contractions a little more regular. Pitocin was on for about 30 minutes before Chloe had some pretty bad late decels (her heart rate was dropping) and nurse Mary M. rushed in to turn it off. Chloe was didn't like me laying on my right side after this. She eventually was happy and active again. Around this time, nurse Ann took over for nurse Mary. They let me eat jello, chicken broth, and juice for lunch and then off for a walk around. At 1430, Deborah came in again and I was 1 cm and 50% effaced. They talked about placing a foley bulb at this time and we all agreed I would definately need medication for this. They decided to wait a little longer to see if I would change any before placing it. At 1630, another check with no changes and to our suprise they gave us the option of going home. They felt a c-section was likely- a 40% chance at the rate things were moving and the way things happened. We decided that was best and now at home to wait on Chloe to come on her own. Hopefully that is what will happen. If not, we will have an ultrasound on Tuesday to make sure all is well and then on Thursday at 2000, off to be admitted and induced again. They will not give us the option to go home the second time and stated if a c-section was needed (which is still possible) it would occur during that admission. Hopefully I dilate during this time and Chloe and my body do things without help, but if not we are in for an adventure.
It is disappointing that we didn't get to come home with our little girl in our arms, but comforting to know that we were given the choice to do what we felt was best and the safest option for both Chloe and myself.
After leaving the hospital, my husband took me to eat and Tayst (we ate a yummy cheese plate and I ate trout with this caramel apple that was amazing!) and we went home and watched a movie. The dogs were extremely happy to see us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment