We still have lots of cleaning to do and need to get her room ready, but she has a crib and crib bumper and dust ruffle (the set previously posted) along with crib mattress (which I must brag about my Essex find- a brand new Serta crib matress for $39.99!) and a glider and changing table. She also has a stroller for when she gets a little bigger (you guessed it- DEAL! Half price at Target because someone purchased it online and returned it to the store where they usually don't carry it so $35!)

and a high chair, which I am debating on whether or not to keep.

I even got her a pack and play, which was another deal- found it at Marshalls on sale for $39. It is a Disney pack and play- so one thing not pink.
Matt has banned me from shopping for her until the room is ready, so he doesn't know about this blog just yet as he says we don't have room until I clean out. I am super excited about the baby and even more excited to get her room ready. Just dreading the cleaning of the black hole of a guest room/ storage/ junk room. I registered today at Target. I must admit that I don't really care what she gets (meaning I won't be heart broken if she doesn't get the exact pacifier or blanket I registered for). I just put general things on the registry that we need. I have gradually purchased diapers and I am not really sure how many of each size she needs, so I didn't register for those, but I did register for wipes. To see what I picked out: http://www.target.com/registry/baby/1Y7H1GUYH32B3
One thing I hope someone gives her is the cutest ever newborn outfit to take her home in as I haven't been able to find that perfect outfit myself. What we need most is a car seat.
We are still working on a name. The top contenders for today are Autumn Olivia and Ashlyn Marie. I think Matt has taken my pick of Aubrey out of the running. I tried to convince him again today to name her Olivia Hope, without success. Knowing us, she will end up with a name completely different as that is what happened with both Elvis and Fonzie.
I had another ob appointment today. We had a scare a few weeks ago at our 20 weeks ultrasound where the tech announced that I have a low lying posterior placenta. We didn't have an appointment with the midwife until today, so I was convinced that this was a major problem. Today the midwife said that unless there is any unexplained bleeding, the placenta should not be an issue and should not affect anything, which was a relief to hear. Our next ultrasound is August 11. It is really to make sure the placenta is okay, but hopefully we will get a peek at the baby.
I will try to post our 20 week ultrasound pictures a little later.

No comments:
Post a Comment